We hire for attitude and train for skills New perspectives
Welcome to the working world of Baur au Lac. We also have a lot to offer our employees. Discover all your benefits and the vacant jobs. Or simply ask our Job Concierge how you can become part of our Family au Lac.
Here you can find our vacancies:
Your Job Concierge
If you want to share your fascination for hospitality with us, let's just get talking.Tell us how and where you would like to contribute your talents at Baur au Lac and what your professional plans are. Our Job Concierge will contact you to discuss the possibilities together.
Family au Lac
Those who confuse tradition with a stiff working atmosphere will experience their blue (Baur au Lac -) miracle here. Behind the scenes, the atmosphere is personal and familiar.
- A diverse team with exciting people from over 40 nations.
- A collegial atmosphere.
- Supervisors who take an interest in you.
- The management and also the owner of the Baur au Lac are noticeable and open for the concerns of the employees.
We nurture talented individuals who are willing to learn and eagerWe attract people who are the best at what they do – in turn, everybody benefits from their knowledge, as well as the regular training we offer.
- More than half of our managerial positions are filled internally.
- We organize a wide variety of internal courses and training sessions.
- We are proud to have one of the best onboarding programs in the industry.
- We have top professionals overseeing every aspect of the business, enabling new employees to learn their craft alongside the best.
- Baur au Lac is worth its weight in gold on any CV.
An exceptional place to work
At Baur au Lac, the glamor factor is high and no two days are the same: we welcome guests from many different countries and cultures, hold distinguished events and uphold the strictest quality standards.
- Visitors from overseas make up 80% of Baur au Lac’s guests.
- We are a veritable melting pot of cultures and traditions.
- In providing top quality services and products, our employees put in a performance that is second to none.
- We use only the highest quality products and rely on fresh ingredients in all our dishes.
- Employee engagement is important to us.
- Activities and schedules are clear and organized in a way that allows us to tweak them where necessary.
Terms to take advantage of
Quality comes top of the list of our employment conditions, too. Our employment terms include a host of attractive benefits and 70 tastefully furnished staff rooms at a top location in the heart of Zurich.
- Staff accommodation (70 rooms) in one of Zurich’s prime locations – a private room costs just CHF 600 (laundry service included).
- Free cleaning service for work clothing.
- The staff restaurant offers good quality, affordable meals in a relaxed atmosphere – and you only pay for what you eat (no flat-rate deduction).
- A monthly subsidy of up to CHF 250 toward your health insurance.
- Attractive discounts, e.g. on bottles of wine at Baur au Lac Vins and with many other affiliates.
We train & coach you
The Baur au Lac is an outstanding training company.
With the following vocational apprenticeships, we guarantee you an excellent start to your successful career:
- Chef EFZ
- Hotel specialist EFZ
- EFZ catering specialist
- EFZ businesswoman/man
For students of a Swiss hotel management school we offer internships from six months in different areas.Are you our future talent? Then send us your CV with photo, letter of application and school reports.